OpenOffice.org is an open-source, multiplatform and multilingual office suite comparable with MS Office.
It is compatible with all other major office suites and is free to download, use, and distribute. It was previously known as StarOffice before it became an open-source project. OpenOffice comes with OpenWriter - a word processor, OpenCalc - a spreadsheet and OpenImpress - a presentational package.
- The first office suite to use the new OASIS OpenDocument format, the future-proof international standard for office software
- Easy to install, with a whole new look and feel, matched to the type of computer in use
- More intuitive, more easy to use than ever, with a host of new usability features
- Complete with Base: an easy-to-use database manager with a fully integrated database
- Compatible with other software packages - now understands even obscure and rarely used features in major competitors.
You may download OpenOffice.org Version 2 completely free of any licence fees, use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial - and pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
The version offered for download here is the Windows version. Versions for other platforms are available from OpenOffice.org.